A couple of months ago, Holly Michelle at Where Art Thou included me in her nominations for the Inspiring Blogger Award.
Thank you! :}
So here are the rules for the Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Display the logo of the award.
2. Link to who nominated me.
3. Say seven things about yourself.
4. Nominate a whopping fifteen other bloggers!
5. And in doing said nomination, link over to them.
Seven things about me. Hhhmmm. Well….
- I work out 5 days a week, usually twice a day. During lunch, I weight train. After work, I go back and do about 35 minutes on the elliptical trainer.
- I love to garden. I don’t have much time at all to garden any more, but before I started working, I was building a huge flower garden. My goal was to cover the acre that our house sits on with an incredible garden. All my plants are still there; just lots of weeds have joined them!
- I joined Toastmasters International two and half weeks ago. In case you don’t know, Toastmasters is a “non-profit organization developing public speaking and leadership skills through practice and feedback in local clubs…” I have this daunting goal of being a motivational speaker. Yep, me, depressed, co-dependent, chocolate-addicted me ~ a motivational speaker.
- I home-schooled my two daughters. They are both in college now and neither one of them went to school at all before going to college. My older one is an English major and is talking about going for a Masters. She just finished her Junior year and made the Dean’s List at her university. My younger one is studying art. One of her pieces won first in its category in the county fine arts show and it also was chosen for the President’s Award at her college. It will hang in the college president’s office for the next year.
- I learned to sew when I was six. I made many of my clothes in high school and college. I made my wedding dress. I made dresses for my daughters. I had a sewing business at one point, making bride’s maid dresses and other things. I made curtains and pillows and table clothes and dust ruffles and quilts for my home. I still sew sometimes, but I don’t have much time anymore. I miss it, along with gardening.
- According to StrengthsFinder, my top five strengths are Restorative, Learner, Focus, Empathy, and Achiever.
- I find leadership techniques, personal development, motivational material absolutely fascinating. I know that sounds like a huge contrast to what I blog about, but someday, somehow I want to take my life, what I’ve been through, what I’ve learned and bridge it to the motivational, inspirational plane. I don’t know if that makes sense but I hope so! :}
So, now to my nominees! When I first read that I needed to nominate 15 other bloggers, I wasn’t sure I could do that! But I’ll give it a go and see what I can do! Here goes:
- Paula’s Pontifications: She uses her past experiences with a sociopath to educate and encourage others.
- I Won’t Take It: She didn’t take it and she got OUT!
- Leadership Freak: He writes about business leadership, which as I wrote above, I find fascinating.
- Lead.Learn.Live.: He inspires from all areas of life.
- The Snowball Effect: formerly Let Life in Practices. She writes about self improvement, relationships, inspiration.
- Words of Wisdom: Short, weekly inspirations.
- In Case I’m Gone: She writes letters to her son.
- Dr. Bill Wooten: Just beautiful, inspirational things.
- Hiking Photography: Amazing, amazing photography! And I envy this young man his life and his freedom and his ability to use his talent.
And last, but NOT least:
10. We’re All Mad in Here: QP has been so encouraging to me in the comments that she leaves on my blog.
Okay, so I didn’t make it to fifteen. Can I keep the award anyway? :}
Who would you nominate? What blogs do you find inspiring?