(This is a handout from a workshop I attended several months ago.)
1. Live without self-criticism (or criticism to others).
2. Be gentle and forgiving of mistakes.
3. Have positive self-thoughts/positive affirmations.
4. Don’t engage in negative thoughts or behaviours. Change your life and change your thoughts.
5. Clean up your life (get chaos out of your life).
6. Turn the computer and TV off – the music on!
7. Reward yourself (words, baths, stillness in the sun, workout, take a walk).
8. Daily prayer, meditation, gratitude.
9. Laugh, dance, exercise – love your body/move your body.
10. Set limits; don’t put unrealistic demands on yourself.
11. Ask! for help, for comfort, for love, for hugs.
12. Balance your life, work, leisure, emotions and spirit.
13. Learn to let things go – stop torturing yourself, constantly questioning your decisions.
14. Smile as often as possible.